Screebe offers guests exclusive fishing in Connemara on it's system of loughs and lakes and we will provide all the necessary permits. These waters abound with brown trout, sea trout and salmon. We never have more than one boat on any of our lakes at any one time and the Salmon and Bridge pools are fished by only two rods at any one time. This keeps conservation at the heart of what we do whilst at the same time giving you the best opportunity to have a successful day.
Whether you enjoy to fly fish or prefer deep sea angling you will find everything you could wish for in Connemara. Our own traditional fishing boats will provide the perfect ambiance to while away your day. We can also provide a Ghillie (professional guide) for your fishing tour.
Our fishing experts will keep you up to date with the best timing of the fish runs for the coming season and will be at hand to answer any questions you may have.
Contact our Fishery manager Neil Seales on firstname.lastname@example.org
SEASONS & PRICE LIST
- 1st of February until 12th of OctoberSalmon
- 1st of February until 30th of September Sea Trout
- 1st of June until 12th of September
Bridge pool – half day (4 hrs) €50
Salmon pool – half day (4 hrs) €60
Trout from a boat – full day (8 hrs) €160 (2 pax Max)
Introduction to fly fishing – 2 hrs €100
FISHING & RESERVATION NOTES
- Fishing is strictly by fly only
- All Salmon and Sea Trout are caught on a catch and release basis
- The fishing season is from February 1st to October 12th
- Fishing requests should be submitted as early as possible to avoid disappointment
- Priority is given to guests staying in Screebe over day ticket requests
- All fishing reserved must be paid for; there are no rebates for unsuitable weather
- Fishing for salmon rotates on a half-daily basis between the Bridge Pool and the Salmon Pool
- Lough fishing is normally from a boat, with 2 anglers per boat
- There are a maximum of 2 rods on each beat
- Payment is to be made directly to the fishery office prior to receiving permits
- Please note credit card payments are subject to an administration fee of €10