Experience the best of Connemara at Screebe House.
Screebe offers a whole host of outdoor activities on site. Embrace your inner adventurer and take on one of the many hiking routes in the area, rent bikes directly from Screebe and explore the beautiful surrounds or take a kayake out onto Camus Bay and embrace the serene beauty of Connemara. Experience one of Screebe's unique fly fishing and deer hunting expeditions or enjoy a round of clay pigeon shooting. Awaken your senses by jumping off the near by pier into the wild Atlantic followed by a warm sauna and a soak in the outdoor hot tub at The Spa Lodge. There is something for everyone to enjoy in the great outdoors at Screebe House and our dedicated team would be delighted to assist you.
Screebe House offers guests an exclusive fishing experience on it's impressive system of loughs and lakes abound with brown trout, sea trout and salmon.
Whether you enjoy to fly fish or prefer deep sea angling, you can experience both at Screebe while taking in the serene beauty of Connemara.
Our experienced team provide traditional fishing boats and can organise a Ghillie (professional guide) for your fishing tour if required.
Conservation is at the heart of what we do and we will never allow more than one boat on any of our lakes at any one time. While the salmon and bridge pools are fished by only two rods at any one time. This keeps conservation at the heart of what we do whilst at the same time giving you the best opportunity to have a successful day.
Each season, our fishing experts will keep you up to date with the best timing for the fish runs and will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.
**Please note that Screebe will provide all necessary permits**
For more details, please contact our Fishery Manager, Felix Sproll at email@example.com
SEASONS & PRICE LIST
FLY FISHING SEASONS
Brown Trout - 15th of February until 30th of September
Salmon - 1st of May until 30th of September
Sea Trout - 1st of May until 30th of September
Bridge pool – half day (4 hrs) €60
Salmon pool – half day (4 hrs) €80
Trout from a boat – full day (8 hrs) €180 (2 pax Max)
Introduction to fly fishing – 2 hrs €100
FLY FISHING GUIDE: €120 per day
FISHING & RESERVATION NOTES
• Fishing is strictly by fly only
• Fishing is with barbless hooks
• All Salmon and Sea Trout are caught on a catch and release basis, all fish caught MUST be returned unharmed to the water
• Any fish that dies during the fight or after will be kept by the house
• Payment is to be made directly to the fishery office prior to receiving permits
• State licenses/permits can be purchased on site at the fishery or in a local tackle shop, or online, but must be produced for inspection to the fishery manager prior to fishing
• Fishing requests should be submitted as early as possible to avoid disappointment
• Priority is given to guests staying in Screebe over day ticket requests
• All fishing reserved must be paid for; there are no rebates for unsuitable weather
• Fishing for salmon rotates on a half-daily basis between the Bridge Pool and the Salmon Pool
• Lough fishing is normally from a boat, with 2 anglers per boat
• There is a maximum of 2 rods on each boat